The Department Public Information Officers (PIO) directs media and public relations for the department. The PIOs also coordinates the writing, editing and production of materials released to the media and for use by the department, and the public. The PIOs report directly to the Department’s Office of the Chief of Police. The Department Public Information Officer’s duties include:
- Responding to media inquiries about Department activities;
- Conducting press conferences and various other public meetings;
- Primary oversight of all Department social media content;
- Facilitate development of agency publications, news releases and educational material;
- Facilitate development of Department public information and educational campaigns.
PIO Contact Information:
Charlestown Police Department PIOs should be contacted in the following order:
- Major Jason Broady, EMAIL, 502.550.4173
- Captain Chuck Ledbetter, EMAIL, 502.643.0522
- Major Timothy Wolff, EMAIL, 502.551.0328
Information requested and related to active department investigations can not be released if a possibility exists that the release of such information may compromise the integrity and quality of said investigation. Information directed relating to the health, safety and security of the general public will be expedited through normal channels once details and facts have been reasonably confirmed by Department officials.
Open Records Requests:
Public record requests must be submitted in writing to the Charlestown Police Department; and to the attention of the Custodian of Records, 701 Main Street, Charlestown, IN 47111. Requests may be made via facsimile transmission to 812-256-7128, during regular business hours (8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Holidays).
The written request for records must include the name, address and contact number of the individual making the request, as well as identification of any business or organization the request is being made in behalf of. The written request must also describe specifically what is being requested, including any applicable time frames (beginning to ending date and time); in accordance with the Indiana Access to Public Records Act IC 5-14-3 et all. See Example Indiana Request from the National Freedom of Information Coalition.