The Department Public Information Officers (PIO) directs media and public relations for the department. The PIOs also coordinates the writing, editing and production of materials released to the media and for use by the department, and the public. The PIOs report directly to the Department’s Office of the Chief of Police. The Department Public Information Officer’s duties include:
- Responding to media inquiries about Department activities;
- Conducting press conferences and various other public meetings;
- Primary oversight of all Department social media content;
- Facilitate development of agency publications, news releases and educational material;
- Facilitate development of Department public information and educational campaigns.
PIO Contact Information:
Charlestown Police Department PIOs should be contacted in the following order:
- Commander Keith McDonald, EMAIL, 812.406.7444
- Chief of Police Timothy Wolff, EMAIL
- Detective Major Jason Broady, EMAIL, 502.550.4173
- Officer Chuck Ledbetter, EMAIL, 502.643.0522
Information requested and related to active department investigations can not be released if a possibility exists that the release of such information may compromise the integrity and quality of said investigation. Information directed relating to the health, safety and security of the general public will be expedited through normal channels once details and facts have been reasonably confirmed by Department officials.